Monday 29 November 2010

‘London Noir’ Meets ‘Londres Noir’

Asphalte Editions in Paris have just published a very fine French translation of London Noir, the anthology of stories based in and around the mother of all dark cities edited by my old friend Cathi Unsworth. Other contibutors include Barry Adamson, Max Decharne, Stewart Home, Ken Bruen and Martyn Waites. The Asphalte version is rather elegant, right down to the Jamie Reid colour scheme of the cover; and I am particularly pleased with how my story Betamax reads in French – in some ways I think I even prefer it to the original, particularly with regard to how the future tense works in this new version. You can find more details by clicking here. For those of you who still have to check out the original, available from Serpents Tail, you can order it by clicking here.

No comments: